|The New Beacon Bible Commentary provides 21st-century scholars, pastors, theological students, and laity an academically competent, readable commentary in the Wesleyan theological tradition.|
Each volume features:
- Contemporary Scholarship from notable experts in the Wesleyan theological tradition
- Convenient introductory material for each book of the Bible, which includes information on authorship, date, history, audience, sociological/cultural issues, purpose, literary features, theological themes, hermaneutical issues, and more
- Clear verse-by-verse explanations, which offer a contemporary, Wesleyan-based understanding derived from the original language
- Comprehensive Annotation divided into three sections, which cover background elements behind the text; verse-by-verse details and meanings found in the text significance, relevance, intertextuality, and application from the text; and more
- Helpful sidebars, which provide deeper insight into theolocial issues, word meanings, archeological connections, historical relevance, cultural customs, and more
- Expanded bibliogoraphy for further study of historical elements, additional interpretations, and theological themes.