|What Does It Mean To Be a Man?|
In today's society, confusion about male and female roles, identities, and natures bombard us. The media usually portrays men as macho egoists or ignorant simpletons unable to understand women or meet their needs. In a culture that has few role models of healthy masculinity, where can Christian men look to determine the right way to express their manhood?
Strong Enough to Be a Man addresses the issue of unhealthy masculinity and offers a model of authentic character and intimacy with God that transcends the world's definition of manhood. Tim Riter looks at the nine dimensions of the fruits of the Spirit and discusses how nurturing these traits will help to imbed essential masculinity into one's core. He believes that strength defines maleness and that by coupling man's innate strength with God's, one can develop into the man God created him to be.
Strong Enough to Be a Man coaches men on how to:
- Allow love to be deeply imbedded in their hearts
- Always respond to the trials of life with joy
- Find inner tranquility despite the pace of life
- Never quit even when life seems terminal
- Develop a kindness that infiltrates their entire being
- Cherish goodness
- Keep all of their commitments, regardless of the cost
- Demonstrate strength, but harness it in gentleness
- Become men with the character to do what is right